Bio

Friday, January 13, 2012

FRIDAY THE THIRTEENTH

As this day draws to an end i kinda wondered where in the word the superstition came from. Why it seems to be the most popular of all superstitions. I for one will turn my car around if a black cat runs across my path, I never open an umbrella inside and walking under ladders...major no-no. But all that aside, why is 13 considered an unlucky number and why does Friday make it worse? Well being the curious person I am I did a little investigating and found some interesting things that I am going to share...

                                                     The (un)Lucky Number  13

1. There are 13 steps leading to the Gallows
2. There are 13 knots in a hangman's noose
3. 13 feet the guillotine blade falls
4. 13 people at the last supper
5. Lizzie Borden is said to have uttered 13 words at her trial
6. There were 13 original colonies
7. The 13th card in a Tarot deck is death
8. Apollo 13 in 1970 was the 13th mission and was aborted after a fuel explosion, it left the launch pad at  13:13 on April 13
                                                        Friday
9.  Never change your bed sheets on Friday you will have nightmares.
10.Visiting the doctor on Friday will bring bad news
11.More accidents happen on Fridays
12.Witches favor Friday for their covens to meet 
13.Clothing made on Friday will never fit.

Now I don't know if all those things are true, but I did only list 13 things heehee

Personally I like Fridays because I have two whole days to write and the number 13 has always been lucky for me....

Hope your Friday the 13th was better than those things I just listed ;)

Embry                      

No comments:

Post a Comment