Bio

Saturday, January 19, 2013

How Time flies

Well I am now the mother of a 21 year old and let me tell you it feels very strange. Especially because in my head I'M the 21 year old. It got me to thinking about fast time flies. It seems like just yesterday I was bringing her home from the hospital completely scared shitless about being a mother. And like everything else we do for the first time I quickly adjusted but the scary part has never really gone away. Now instead of skinned knees, lost teeth and searching for monsters under the bed, I am worried about her drinking and driving, having some psycho spike her drink in a club and any assortment of weirdos on the internet. 

I guess my mother was right when she told me all those years ago when I said I was too old for her to worry about me, that a Mother will always worry about their child.

Thanks mom for the sage advice (one of a multitude) but I have to admit worrying about skinned knees and bad grades would be preferable to the fears I have now. But I wouldn't change it for the world. I am truly blessed for being a mom......

This ones for you HB (just wait til you're a mom lol)

She sat through this entire movie at 6 months old and she has loved it ever since.


1 comment: